Friday, July 4, 2008

A big day for Akiba and Orion

I did get some photos yesterday but they were with my sisters camera and that needs a card reader to get the photos off ...

Akiba is going well. Orion is not taking the new kitten very well I know that it will take him a little while to adjust to the new kitten but I cannot help but to be surprised by how much Orion seems to dislike Akiba. I have been a bit heartbroken that his new dislike is very much extending to me. I feel like such a bad person right now.

At the moment he is hissing at everything that has Akiba’s smell, for example I put Akiba’s blanket near his favourite sleeping place under the couch and he just hates it and hisses! He even hissed at me when I went to pick him up and this was after I showered and changed to remove the kitten’s smell. So cuddles are not happening and he even did not want to eat last night. I had to sit with him for thirty minutes and convince him that he wanted to eat his dinner even though the new kitten was not anywhere near!

We are giving both of them time to adjust and keep telling Orion how much we love him and that the new kitten is a friend for him to play with. But I am just soo worried about Orion! Though he is currently sleeping happily in the computer room with me (at the other end of the desk mind you) while Akiba and OH are playing in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment