Thursday, September 11, 2008

A show date!




So the boys and I are getting organised for the weekend! We are going to the local cat show! First I have to bath the boys and make them all pretty ... easier then it sounds. And gather all their stuff together for the day out. Lucky that the big day is not until Sunday and we have 2 days to get it all done. But since it's the first show for both them and myself I want to be super organised!

Orion has been getting some attension, first he made a mention on the small poster that been handed around and then in the community newspaper he got a mention "Two breeds will make their debut at the cat show this Sunday. The Munchkin is a relatively new breed with unually short legs. They're usually raised as an indoor cat but are adept at climing and jumping" squee! The club have also done an excellent little write up about the breed to go on his cage and if he's premitting he will come out and meet people once or twice during the day. I just hope he taking this all in his normal stride.
Everyone has been very positive about bring him in even though he cannot compete at the moment (they have to recognise Munchkins as a breed in the club first) but I think they just all want to meet him in person. He should be able to compete next show which will be fun. Akiba is also going to compete! There is a worry, but I have spoken to serveral ladies who show Bengals and they have said there is no issues with them attacking the judges hehe.
OH is going to take heaps of photos on the day so I will post some up after and report to how it all went.

1 comment:

  1. awww, Akiba just looks STUNNING in that photo! What a beauty!

    GOod luck in the show - I've never even seen a show, but I feel almost as excited as you do! :-)

    Be sure to let us know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete