Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update on perm

While I dont have a photo I do have an impression of Akiba! Please enjoy ^^

After a thread on Bengal Forum and a chat to my vet it seems that the perm is not an issue or an indication of anything wrong with Akiba! I feel a great relief!

On Bengal forum I learnt that other bengals do get his type of crinkley fur but Akiba seems to have an extreme case of it, mostly it seems to do with water in other Bengals. Since Akiba can have up to three showers a day, not including when I fill the basin with water for him... He gets wet quite a lot! Also living in a extreme tropical climate with humidity that can get up to 70% very easily this time of year prob does not assist with his drying. And I might add that he gets taken outside into the rain so he can play cause he love to try and catch rain drops (hrm maybe I should take the camera out next time!). So it probably more of a suprise to see him dry!

I did try an experiment where I kept him away from water, but this lasted about 30 seconds as he started yowling when he was denied access to water when he is used to it and with other people in the house there was no way I could control the environment.

Finally, a chat with the vet revealed it could be related to anything. But that since he was in perfect health and a juvenile just to let it go and see how it develops over the coming months. He's not due for his yearly injection for another six months so she will take a careful look at it then if its still around.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there's nothing wrong anyway - it's certainly very unusual!

    In response to your question about grooming with the glove, Freya will stretch and squirm around and love it for a while, but will get fed up after 5 mins or less. It's like a back-scratch - it's nice at first, but you don't want it for ages..

    ReplyDelete